Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sticky Date Puddings

I needed to improvise at a recent demo and decided to do Sticky Date Puddings for everyone.  They worked a treat and even better I discovered they didn't need egg.....so here is the recipe I used, hope you enjoy as much as all my guests and I did (I just had to have one too of course) 

150g Seeded Dates
300g Boiling Water
1 teaspoon Bicarb soda
50g Butter
90g Brown Sugar
150g Self Raising Flour

Mill sugar 10 sec/ speed 10 set aside
Add dates and water cook 5 min/100c/speed 1
Add bicarbonate and mix 5sec/speed7
Add butter, flour and sugar mix 10 sec reverse speed 6
Divide between molds (I use individual silicone cup cake molds) and place molds in varoma, some on top some on bottom - should fit about 5 in the bottom and 7 on the top tray.  Place lid on Varoma.
Rinse bowl, place 1.2 litres of hot water into bowl set varoma position, steam 25 min speed 3.
Cool slightly before turning out. 

To Make Sauce

120g brown sugar
300g cream
80g Butter
1 tsp vanilla 

Add sugar, cream and butter - 5 min/90c/speed 4
Add vanilla through lid and mix 10 sec speed 4

Pour over hot puddings and enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment